2018 : A Year to Learn

Have you ever been in a hopeful year-beginning that you never fear of falling?
Have you ever feel so content that you mistakenly forgot to prepare for the worst?
Have you ever been in a very optimistic relationship that you thought would simply last?
Have you ever......

Til at some point you lose
Til you forgotten your own spirit
Til all you can do to make yourself meaningful was to be there for other
But you forget yourself.

I step to this year fearlessly
So optimistically about how my life would turn into a fairytale 
With me starting to live in my dream
With me loving my surroundings
With me and joyful days shared with my colleagues
With me and my happy self.

But then
I found out a hole in my ship
A hole with no power to stop the water from coming in
A hole that gets bigger and bigger
A hole that caused my ship to sink

With the very least hope I start to begin again my journey with my little lifeboat
Alone.
I leave what’s left
I save nothing safe but myself
My wounded self.

I then, began to look over from people
How they maintain themselves
How they be content with their broken parts
How they going in life
But still looking for something to fix them parts

I
Watch
And
Learn

From doing what I can
I finally see what I’ve got for my self
All the potential within me
All the wrongdoings that should never be repeated

I went back to the land
I picked the finest part for my new ship
I build anew under my eyes
I stop for a while when I was running out of materials
But I never seriously stopping

And here comes 2019
With my new perfect fit ship I built
I am ready to go sailing again
To the offshore and beyond 
To go somewhere I never been to
To invite people to my ship
To let them see how I did it
To learn from them too
To left my ship and go with another’s 
And to sail again with mine
To do things carefully 

So
2019
Bring it on
I never been more than ready.

Comments

Happy Wijaya said…
so thanks to 2018, at least you learned and changed to the better you :)

Popular Posts